May 25 @ 7PM EST
Planning to apply to medical school? Learn the ins and outs of the medical school admissions process.
Topics covered will include
• Medical School admissions requirements
• Application timeline and strategic submission
• Tips and tricks to applying
• What admissions directors look for in a prospective student
• Interview preparation
• Gaining the advantage with unique extracurricular activities
• How to make the personal statement stand out
• Getting the best letter of recommendation
Parents and prospective grad school students will learn:
• The benefits of going to grad school
• Tips for finding the right school and program for you
• Admissions timelines and requirements/materials
• How to position yourself
• Ways to strengthen your application
Make your college admissions essay stand out. This detailed discussion will demystify the Common App personal statement. the words you choose can mean the difference between a “maybe” and a “yes.”
• Understand what college admissions officers are looking for in an essay
• Know how to choose the right Common App prompt to answer
• Hone in on their story
• Learn about writing and polishing their essay so it’s ready for submission
After this webinar, students and their parents will understand:
• What students need to do in high school in order to stand out, improve their odds of admission, and make a college want them
• What students should look for in selecting a college
• The role grades, standardized tests, course load, and extracurricular activities play in order for students to get into the college of their choice
• Get clarification on college acceptance terms, including Deferrals, Waitlists, Guaranteed Transfers, Spring Admits and more.
After this webinar, students and their parents will have strategies for
• Defining what goals you want to achieve this school year.
• Achieving long-term goals which are goals that typically take the school year to complete.
• Achieving short-term goals. These are attainable and realistic goals that move you forward and keep you motivated.
• Managing anxiety and stress.
Goals are not only academic. Soft skills and personal development are important, too.
Parenting a teen can be both exciting and overwhelming. In this free webinar parents will receive real and practical answers to crucial questions about how to help their middle and high school students thrive academically and socially.
Topics addressed will include
• Current trends in college admissions and standardized testing
• What colleges are looking for in an applicant
• The latest in summer programming options for teens and tweens
• Coping strategies for students.
“During the past ten years, the Friends of the Stirling Road Library has partnered with International College Counselors to create, develop, and present programs regarding the college admissions process…Since our initial program, we have become the “go-to” library for this initiative, thanks to the outstanding content and presentations of ICC and our college program has served hundreds of students and their families during this time…The presenters from ICC were professional, thorough, and dynamic. As in the past, our group was impressed with the quality and breadth of the presentations…The positive feedback from the families, together with the recognition we have received from the community, confirms that these programs are the jewel in our offerings and we value our partnership with ICC.”
– Hannah Handler Hostyk, Co-President, Friends of the Stirling Road Branch Library
“Thank you! I thought your presentation was wonderful and time appropriate. So many changes since my college years. I will be contacting the branches in the north area to let them know what a great job you do! Hopefully, in the future, WBB will be able to create more interest with our students and parents in this demanding, time-essential life hurdle their children will face.”
– Cynthia Permenter, Branch Manager, West Boynton Branch Library
“Your presentation was well received by our members based on their positive comments. You held the audience’s interest with your excellent speaking skills and engaging presentation filled with relevant information about the college application process. You kept it fun and light. I know our members left with a greater understanding of how to get ready for college and why it is important to start early.”
– Beatriz Lluch Ceruti, Gardens Branch Library
Interested in having International College Counselors hold a seminar or webinar? Contact us at 954 414-9986 x6.