First and foremost, we’d like to congratulate our amazing 2018 seniors. So far there have been exciting early acceptances to schools including Yale, Dartmouth, Columbia, University of Pennsylvania, Cornell, WashU, Northwestern, University of Chicago, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Duke, Emory, Boston College, GW, Babson, NYU, Tulane, UM, Emerson, Northeastern, Wisconsin, Fordham, Indiana, and several others. We are incredibly proud of our students for their hard work! We look forward to hearing about upcoming acceptances as the colleges announce them.
- If you are not one of the lucky few to be finished with your college process, please be assured that your International College Counselors advisor will remain with you and your family until you are happily settled into a wonderful school. We believe in each of you!
- We also wanted to share some exciting company news from 2017. Recognizing that our collective expertise, international exposure, and institutional knowledge generate a huge advantage for all our families, we will continue to add resources, products, and partnerships in order to best serve you.
- We worked with over 500 high school students this year who hailed from numerous private and public schools all over Florida, as well as from 16 states and 15 different countries spanning across five continents. We also helped graduate school students and transfer students with the college admissions process.
- Our Class of 2017 seniors received offers of admission to 233 different colleges and universities, including all the Ivy League schools, Stanford, and MIT as well as multiple acceptances from some of the following schools: Cornell (15 students), University of Pennsylvania & Vanderbilt (7 students), Brown, Duke & Northwestern (5 students each), Columbia (4 students), Washington University in St. Louis, George Washington & Emory (15 students each), Babson (12 students), University of Florida & Indiana University (44 students each), University of Michigan (32 students), Tulane (26 students), NYU (16 students), Penn State (16 students), Bentley (13 students), University of Miami (62 students), Northeastern (33 students), Boston University (25 students), FSU (41 students), and Syracuse (10 students). Click here for our complete results listing. We also continued our boarding school and graduate school services with stellar results to numerous prestigious institutions.
- Our ICC team has grown to 12 full time employees, including nine college advisors. We have advisors physically serving Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and Martin Counties while also working via Skype with students from all over the world. We welcomed two new Directors of College Advising to our team: Beth Barteletti, the former Senior Associate Dean of Admission at Reed College and college advisor at American Heritage, and Sandra Diaz Santamaria, a University of Georgia journalism graduate with a strong writing background who recently completed ICC’s rigorous training program. Additionally, we welcomed Danielle Garner, a cum laude graduate of the University of Miami, to serve as our Administrative Assistant. We are thrilled to have them all on our team!
- Around our community, ICC college advisors held over 55 free seminars, presentations, and webinars at high schools and middle schools, religious groups, businesses, tutoring centers, leadership groups and other organizations. We honored three students with scholarships through the International College Counselors Scholarship. And we sponsored numerous high schools and organizations through gift donations and other pro bono work.
- We continued to provide college advising services at Donna Klein Jewish Academy in Boca Raton.
- For students and professionals, our sister company, Edit the Work, provided professional editing and proofreading help on college and high school essays as well as resume review.
- For families who have students trying to get into private middle and high schools, we continued to serve as an approved SSAT Flex Testing Center in our Ft. Lauderdale office.
Thank you again for your continued support and confidence. We’re looking forward to 2018!