Coming Soon: Changes to the 2011-12 Common Application
Get your Preview Here!
I had the pleasure of attending The Southern Association for College Admission Counseling (SACAC) Conference in Atlanta, GA this week. While many of the seminars were extremely interesting, of importance to all future college applicants was the preview of the 2011-2012 Common Application.
Links below will take you to the preview and an explanation of the changes but here are some of the highlights:
· 48 New Schools have been added to the Common Application including:
1. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC)l
2. University of Southern California (USC)
3. Seton Hall University
4. University of Kentucky
5. University of Hartford
· On the activities page the number of activities has been reduced from 12 to 10 with more room to write a description of the specific activity.
· Students will have the ability to re-order the activities after entering them into the application. Before, you couldn’t re-order the activities without deleting and starting over.
· Essay length should be between 250-500 words, according to the essay prompt.
· The website to check admission status will be accessible from mobile phones.
· The application goes live August 1, 2011.
Preview of 2011-12 Common Application
The preview version of the 2011-12 Common Application is available here. The 2011-12 Common App Online will launch on August 1. Until then, use this preview to familiarize yourself with the application.
An explanation of the changes and why they were made can be found here.
Fast Facts on the Common Application
The Common Application gives students the ability to submit one application for admission to approximately 460 schools. Students can then spend less time on tedious paperwork and have more time for the fun stuff, like studying for the SAT.
International College Counselors
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE COUNSELORS
International College Counselors provides expert college counseling on undergraduate and graduate college admissions, financial aid, tuition, essays, and college applications. Mandee Heller Adler, college admissions consultant and Founder of International College Counselors tailors her college counseling and college coaching services to address the goals, needs, and dreams of each student. Our college advising company works with domestic and international students. Let us help you make the best decisions in choosing, getting into, and paying for college.